Thursday, July 19, 2012

Cajun Fried Alligator

Ok so I know this is supposed to be about things I've tried on Pinterest but from time to time I'm going to throw in things I enjoy but don't see on Pinterest.

Being from the South we love a good alligator recipe, so I searched all over the internet and this is the best one I could come up with

http://www.examiner.com/article/cajun-fried-alligator

I had my husband try it last night for the first time and it was a success

First the job at hand is tracking down Alligator meat in a land locked area (even better, the desert) since we can't go kill it ourselves in the swamps of Beaufort SC I tracked down a local butcher that carries exotic meat.

You will need the following ingredients

1-2lbs of Alligator Meat (depends on how many you are feeding)
1 can on beer (not sure it really matters what brand)
1/2 C all purpose flour
1 tsp of Cajun Seasoning (I like things spicy so I think I used about 2T of cajun spice)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
3/4 C cornmeal
1C vegtable oil

Cut the alligator meat into chunks or strips, whichever you prepare


Then mix all the ingredients together from above except the oil




Pour the oil into a skillet or fry daddy (which ever one you have) and get it heated up

Dip the meat into your cornmeal mix, get it good and coated and then place it into the fryer



Let it fry until its golden brown, roughly 4 minutes on each side


Let it cool and then serve with a dipping sacuce. We used a homeade spicy ranch dip and the family couldn't have been happier


As you can see from above there was nothing left....A total success in family dinner!!

1 comment:

  1. I was searching all over the internet and this is the best one recipe .. I would love to try this..
    http://www.neworleansbarandgrill.com/food/fried-alligator-basket

    ReplyDelete